Below are a list of the most common questions we are asked.
- I would like to present an idea? How do I do that? That’s great, we would love to hear from you! You can submit your idea here.
- How long do I have to present my idea? We give each presenter four minutes to pitch their idea. At the end of the presentation, you can also answer four questions from the audience. You will also have lots of opportunities to meet and discuss with the audience when food is served. Remember, Glasgow Soup is not just about winning the money, is about gathering and sharing your creative ideas with other people. It is a platform for connection.
- Can I bring a laptop and play my presentation? While technology is fully integrated in our life now, we prefer that you do not use technology to present your idea. You only have four minutes, use this time to fully engage with your audience. You are more than welcome to bring any visuals and materials though.
- I have already started working on my project. Does it matter? Not at all! We want to hear about any projects, whether you need some support to start it or develop it further.
- Do I need to book a ticket to attend a Glasgow Soup dinner? You don’t need to book in advance to reserve your place. However if you want to let us know that you are planning to come, please do so. It will help us plan the food and make sure there is plenty of soup for everyone!
- How much is the entrance fee? There is a donation fee of £5 at the door. Feel free to donate more if you can! All the money goes to the winner of the night.
- What does a Glasgow Soup dinner look like? We open the doors at 6.00pm. The presenters start pitching at 6.30pm, with each proposal lasting around 20 minutes. We then let people enjoy their bowl of soup while chatting and socialising with each other. By 8.30pm, we will announce the winner!
- Who can attend the dinner? Anyone can attend a Glasgow Soup dinner. We want everyone in the community to feel welcome. Children are also allowed – you don’t need to be 18 to vote at Glasgow Soup!
- I am an artist and would love to showcase my work? Are there any opportunities? We would love to hear from you! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us more about your work and how you would like to be involved.
Not finding what you want? Reach out directly through our Contact Us page.